Monday, October 19, 2015

Metal Girl

CT scan of my mouth
So today I went for the 3rd phase of my surgery: the placement of the abutments and impressions.
Like I mentioned in my previous dental post, I had screws drilled into my gums. Those screws are holding the abutments, and the abutments will in turn be the base for the porcelains. 

An X-Ray of screw placement
Needless to say, I was already used to the procedure, since this would be the third time that they'd cut my gums open. I'm not sure what was different about the procedure this time, but I felt very light-headed and nauseous. I was put on 2L of oxygen via a nasal cannula.




The procedure took roughly 1 hour.. The surgeon was very gentle and talked me through the whole process. 

The abutments were placed in preparation for the impressions. I took about 30mins to recover before the impressions.

As you can see in the above photo, my four lower teeth are very spaced out. I'll probably get veneers later on. 

Impressions took another 30mins.

The plan now is to go back in about 2 weeks to get temporary acrylics. Then 4-6weeks from that time, I'll get my porcelains. That would be the final step of the procedure. Hopefully!

Clear Choice is your best bet, if you've got the money and patience! 

1 comment:

  1. wooow you are brave. that looks so painful. so what's the cost of the procedure, if you don't mind me asking?
    i need some work done too

    ReplyDelete