Monday, March 3, 2014

Lupita Nyong'o Wins

Last night was the Oscars, and of course, I was already preoccupied with studying.
But I heard Lupita won an award for Best Supporting Actress for her feature in 12 Years A Slave.
She's such an inspiration; everyone's proud of her and all she's accomplished in such little time!

Lupita Ngong'o on the red carpet
I'm taking a break just to congratulate this darling.
Oh did I mention her fashion game is siiiiiick!! Yes, she kills it every time!

Let me add that her emotional speech left most people teary-eyed. She also got a standing ovation upon receiving the award. Part of the award speech goes:

"Thank you to the academy for this incredible recognition. It doesn't escape me for one moment that so much joy in my life is thanks to so much pain in someone else's," referring to Patsey (acted by Lupita), the tortured slave in Steve McQueen's movie.
"When I look down at this golden statue, may it remind me and every little child that no matter where you're from, your dreams are valid", she said.
Kevin Winter/Getty Images

I first became a fan of Lupita's when she played the role of Ayira in MTV Base's first Shuga series shot in Nairobi, Kenya. 
Watch the first episode:

I want to keep talking about this Kenyan beau, but time will not permit. 
Please Google her if you don't know who she is!! You'll be happy you did :)



Happy Monday, and have an awesome week.

xxxo
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment