Thursday, March 7, 2013

Trend Alert: Black and White

It's no surprise that my favorite colors of all time are the newest trends.
((When I was younger, while most girls named bright colors as their fav(s), I would always say black and white which people thought was weird of me.))
And this is definitely the reason why all my gadgets/electronics/appliances/...are white, and most of my wardrobe (clothes and shoes) black!

While this is currently being seeing on celebs and fashionistas alike, this trend is nothing new to me...and maybe some of you.
Take a look back at the monochrome I rocked back in December *here*

Whether they are stripes, prints, or just bold blocks; in your clothing or just accessories, black and white is the perfect ensemble. Definitely the "it" trend at the moment. 

I created some style inspirations--two different ways you can wear the colors (monochrome and stripes)



Trend: Black and White

Trend: Black and White by china-young featuring a black necklace


Trend: Black and White



The thing with this trend is that you have to be really careful when it comes to pairing. While I was creating the stripped set, I found myself doing most things stripe and it looked very "tacky". So take note.

Also, while you might be able to get away with colored or even gold undertones, silver jewelries will be the best fit.



xxxo
post signature

2 comments: