Tuesday, March 13, 2012

National Youth Service Corps (NYSC)

Lately, I've been hearing of Nigerian youths in America going back to Nigeria to "serve". Well my curious mind wanted to know all about NYSC and this is what a friend of mine explained to me:

"It's a period of time where you serve your country for a year, immediately after graduation after which you get a certificate. It's important cos some companies demand it when hiring. And if you want to go into politics in future, you'll also need it." She continued by saying " NYSC starts with postings-- people are posted to different states in Nigeria where you get your 3weeks orientation done in the camps in these states. After 3weeks, you'll be attached to a government body or a private company if you get lucky to work there for the rest of the year. During this time, the government pays you, so does the place you work."




Now it all makes sense, thanks Biola...but I still don't think I'd be interested in that, especially since I've been hearing stories like road trip accidents, kidnaps/robbery (of those "abroad"), etc. However, I wish those of you planning on going all the best. Don't forget to pray ;)

Follow my friend on twitter:  @ms_sweetns


Enjoy the rest of your week! xxxo


No comments:

Post a Comment