Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My first real...

Well I just wanted to tell you all that I got to experience my first REAL clinical rotations. Other days have just been to observe and help out, but today I got to do some thaaangs lol.

***For those of you that care***

I started out with observing a cesarean section (c-section). It was ah-may-zing!! 
Then I was allowed to weigh the baby, take him to the nursery and  prepare him to be seen by his family and most importantly, his beautiful mother.
I bathed the newborn baby boy, took his vitals, check his blood glucose level, gave him his hepatitis B and Vit. K shot,  measured and clothed him :D

Ahhhh. I was gleaming with smiles! Everyone could tell ^_^

I also got to give another mother her flu vaccination.
Hmmm today's experience makes me wanna consider going for OB (Obstetrics).

I don't have any photos--we're not allowed to take one of course (patient privacy), however after 9 lovely hours, my car gave up on me. Thankfully a friend came to help me out!

Dave inspecting my car, and me...checking the oil -_-
Well actually, I think I might have left my headlights on...

xxxo
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment