Friday, February 12, 2016

Day vs Night

As I write this post, it feels as though there's something heavy on my eyelids.
So, I worked my first night shift...for the first time ever, guys!! Yes, it's kind of a big deal. I'd always refused to work overnight; I knew it wasn't something I wanted to do, knowing how well I love my good night's sleep.

Anyway, I agreed to go in to work yesterday, 7pm-7am. Everyone told me that compared to my usual day shift, it'd be a "breeze" being that there usually aren't lots of tests/procedures done at night (I work on a neurology[stroke] telemetry unit).

After the first few hours of working, I felt good...until midnight struck. My eyelids began to feel heavy...then 1am, 2am, my goodness! I decided to take my break then. I passed medications, assessed CVA patients, and did every work task. Although I never dozed off for once, my body/mind felt cheated. Then came the headache...

Fast-forward to 7am...I'd done it!
When I got home, I went to sleep; but woke up a few times. It's currently 5:20pm, I'll be taking a nap right after this post *yawns*.
Going back to my regular scheduled shift tomorrow.

Have a great weekend.
xxxo
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment