Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Poor Spirit

Poor Sprit Airlines that is.
Poor because they will plummet in sales if they don't pick up their slack. But I don't feel sorry for them. I never finished my blog about my first (and last) experience with Spirit Airlines(S.A.), but here goes...

So, in May this year, I booked a flight with SA after getting a link from my brother about a reasonable-priced deal for our trip to Houston, Texas. I jumped on the link and immediately bought my ticket. I didn't do any research as I hadn't heard much about the airline. I've only flown Southwest. 
Anyway, I'll try not to make this post long. On the day of travel, my flight was delayed for 2hours, almost voiding my plan in Houston. Thankfully my cousins and sibs waited for me. 
Three days later when I was to depart, this is what happened. Mind you, I was to go to work on Tuesday as early as 6:30 AM (12hr shift). Meaning I had to be up by at least 5:45 A.M.

The images above are screenshots of the  emails they sent to me each time our flight got delayed. A whooping 4 HOURS!!! We landed in Chicago past 1AM. Thankfully my dad was there to pick me up. I got home around 2AM and was in bed by 2:30. Leaving me with less than 4 hours of sleep to function on a very long shift. 

If you are to fly Spirit, do yourself a favor. Don't!

The round trip ticket was displayed for $126.21 and in the end I paid $233.18 from paying for bags + carry on to paying for my seats plus their taxes! Ugh.

Not all that glitters catches the eyes is gold. 

Later,
C.U.

No comments:

Post a Comment