Sunday, August 17, 2014

Birthday Dinner

My birthday was on Tuesday, July 15. To be honest, I didn't have anything planned until a week before, because I thought I'd still be prepping for my board exam.
Actually, I did have something in mind. I was going to do a joint shindig with my friend, Clara in Champaign. My plans fell out because I was to go to Chicago for my mom's event (I didn't want to miss it).
Anyway, I called a few friends of mine, and because it was sorta late notice, some couldn't make the  trip cos of work.
I wanted to have an intimate celebration. Although I tried my best to stay off the dinner cliché, it was scheduled a day before. The reason being was because my initial plan (to go wine tasting) was almost impossible. We couldn't find good deals, wineries and vineyards were not within range, so I settled for dinner at a Brazilian Steakhouse, Brazzaz here in Chicago.  And honestly, I enjoyed my night. And because it was an intimate outing, everyone was free to talk about anything. Highlight of my night was cracking up at Funke's expense (private matter) haha! We then went to Nouveau Tavern to end the night.

I won't bore you any further with the stories...here is a collage:


I went with a neutral theme: gold, silver, beige, ivory, cream, metallic grays, nude, soft pewter...you get the gist. I wanted sexy and elegance which was to tie in with wine tasting.
I still want to go wine tasting. Might set something up with the girls.

Thanks for stopping by

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment