Wednesday, February 28, 2018

MY TRIP TO LAGOS, NIGERIA


This is my first vlog/video of the year and while it was put out later than anticipated, I would like to point out that a lot of activities were not filmed because I wanted to have fun and explore the city I had been away from for 11 years. So I decided to visit Lagos because why not? I'd put off this trip for years and after I got the green light from work (early November), I planned my two-weeks vaca. I wasn't very courageous with the thought of traveling by myself. And since I didn't want my movement to be restricted, I chose not to stay with extended family as families tend to worry a lot- as they should.

Let me tell you that it was somewhat nerve-wrecking knowing that I would be in a hotel by myself, as I'd hoped and prayed no one observed and set me up or something (I've seen movies and read stories, OK? Lol). I lodged at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Victoria Island. Security was on point.

I did a lot of meet-ups with friends including those I hadn't seen in years; folks from America, and those I met within a short period. Getting from point A to B via Uber was very convenient. I spent most of my time on the island because everything was within close proximity. I got to party like a Lagosian (sort of), but I could only hang briefly because illness set in. 

When I wasn't dining at the hotel, I visited Utopia, Kilimanjaro, and The Place. I also ate once at White House restaurant in Yaba.
As far as clubbing went, I partied at Club 57, DNA, Quilox, Escape, and SIP.

Watch the recap below:

No comments:

Post a Comment