Wednesday, July 16, 2014

New Beginnings

This month of July has been more than a blessing to me; in fact, this year has!
You recall that I took my boards on July 3rd. My official result was sent a week after that. 

I've been at my parent's for a week now and I've spent my days here chillaxin.

Two days ago, I got desperate as I thought I should resume my job hunt as my post-nclex-break came to a halt. I reached out to a nurse friend of mine who told me to apply at a facility. I immediately got on Google, called the healthcare center, and thereafter, was told to come in the following day-- yesterday.
So yesterday, I walked in with my resume, filled out an application, and took a short readiness nursing test, after which I had an interview with the nursing supervisor/hiring personnel. I thought it went well as she eagerly congratulated me for passing NCLEX.
 Today, I got a call that I got the job and I'm to begin next week! Say whaaa? 

Now I'm left with no choice but to speed up my moving process. Because I've already made plans to look for an apartment and celebrate my birthday this weekend (my birthday was yesterday..yes, I was out job hunting on my birthday), I'll go the following weekend and will only have TWO DAYS to move!

This has got to be one of my favorite birthdays ever!
I got my first nursing job in my city, and downtown Chicago at that! 
Time to start my "big girl" job.

Can't lie, I'm super nervous...as I should be; but I'm very excited for this new chapter of my life!
I'll definitely share how my first week goes. 
Can't wait to sign off as: CUmesegha, RN ;)


xxxo
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment