Thursday, May 24, 2012

#DIY: Lee & Levi's

Save yourself some money and Do IT Yourself!

Hi guys. So today I thought I'd modify two of my previously distressed jeans since I couldn't find new pairs at the thrift store.

I wish there's a picture of what the pants looked like, but it's no use crying over spilled milk. Yeah? OK :)

Note that both pants were plain when I bought them, so everything was done from scratch. And they're high waisted! OW!


LEE


Measure the desired length of your jeans and cut with a pair of scissors. 
Fray the hem of your new shorts to create that distress look. Play around with it!
To design (using patterns), be creative. 
Since polka dot is in for the summer, I thought I'd dot one side. You can bleach all  or partof it, or give it stripes. How about tie-dye??
I dipped a rolled up paper towel into a cup of bleach and dabbed on my shorts. Repeat that step again, wait for 20mins, and voila!



LEVI STRAUSS



Measure the desired length of your jeans and cut with a pair of scissors.
Leave an extra inch or two to create a fold (if you wish).
Fold up the ends of your shorts. 
With a nail file or a sand paper, rub against your shorts.
In my case I had to use a pair of scissors.
Give it some extras... and you're done!


You can't see much of what I did with the Levi's because of it's color and bad lightning. 


Whenever I'm able to acquire new pair jeans (from the thrift store of course), I'll make a tutorial from start to finish. 



Have a lovely Memorial Day weekend.

xxxo



4 comments:

  1. I love what you did with the Lee shorts China.

    -T.O

    ReplyDelete
  2. chinazor lol I'm sure I spelled it wrong. Anyways, getting them from the thrift store is a brilliant idea! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're far from wrong. That's how you spell it =)

      Delete