Sunday, February 19, 2012

5 Hour Energy- No crash later?


I think it all depends on your body mass and how it is taken. 

I'm no stranger to this energy drink. I take them on major nights, when I need to be up to study. Otherwise, that ish is out of my reach.
Well last night as of 10pm, things didn't turn out as expected.
I had my first meal of the day (cereal) at approx 2hours before I took the shot. Guess my meal wasn't heavy enough. 10mins after taking the shot I was feeling too hyperactive, I was like "wow, it didn't waste time acting". Unknown to me, it was heading for a greater than normal effect *I guess*
Welp, after 1hour of ignoring that symptom, I started hyperventilating, felt very dizzy, heart beating way too fast (tachycardia). I reached to grab my BP monitor but thought it'd be best I get help first. Crawled outta my room  to my roommate's who called the paramedics. 
My blood sugar was low, had a high respiration...and the rest is history. I was put in the van, to be transported to the hospital. An IV push was started, a nasal cannula for oxygen, connected to several electrodes, PG monitor, pulse oximeter...etc.

Bottom line is..........................................................
I am hale and hearty all thanks to God. Upon getting home the next day, I did some research and found out that some people have had heart attacks from taking this energy drink. I am just thankful that my case wasn't too complicated. 

I was very frightened for my life. First time anything of such has ever happened to me. But hey, I wouldn't condemn the drink; I'd recommend you take it with caution. Take 1/2 a dose as needed and eat a full course meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment